Market Leader in Beauty and Waxing Services
We never just wax—we reveal beautiful skin. Through our services, process and products, our guests walk in and strut out, solidifying us as the brand of choice.
- Delivering theUltimateFranchiseExperience
- European WaxCenter Branded aTop Franchise
- Making Historyas a Franchisee
- Success withMultipleLocations
- Hottest FranchiseCategories of2020
Leading Lifestyle Brand and Franchise Continues to Accelerate
At its very heart, European Wax Center (EWC) believes that Revealing Beautiful Skin is the first step to revealing your best self. It reveals a more radiant you; a more honest you; a more confident you. Not only does European Wax Center promise a luxurious experience for guests, it is equally committed to delivering the ultimate franchise experience.
EWC's unique company culture embraces the values and lifestyle of good business. Not surprisingly, the company leads the out-of-home waxing industry, with a thriving national footprint in over 40 states. "Our guests and our franchisees are both in the customer lens that we focus on; we have a true commitment to an authentic and genuine experience through the power of the European Wax Center brand."
European Wax Center Ranked a Top Franchise in Entrepreneur's Highly Competitive 41st Annual Franchise 500®
European Wax Center (EWC), a leading beauty lifestyle brand providing guests with a modern environment for comfortable and luxurious waxing experiences announced it recently ranked as the lead wax brand in Entrepreneur magazine’s Franchise 500®, the world’s first, best and most comprehensive franchise ranking. Placement in the Franchise 500® is a highly sought-after honor in the franchise industry, making it one of the company’s most competitive rankings ever. Recognized as an invaluable resource for potential franchisees, the Franchise 500® ranks European Wax Center as no. 49 on the list of 500 for its outstanding performance in areas including unit growth, financial strength, stability, and brand power in 2o20 (56th in 2019).
European Wax Center’s vision is Revealing Beautiful Skin®, through exceptional services by professionally trained and certified waxing experts. Along with award winning and exceptional services they also have a proprietary line of products designed to complement the waxing services provided for the body and face categories. The Entrepreneur ranking exemplifies the exceptional and unique franchise experience European Wax Center offers through brand affinity, proven concept, world class support, developed leadership and a simplistic business model. This strong network includes over 800 centers spanning over 43 states in the U.S.
In 2019, EWC announced its selection of Plano, Texas for its new corporate headquarters as well as the brand’s launch of an accelerated growth plan, which included expanding executive leadership and bringing more than 100 jobs to the greater Dallas area. “The acknowledgment of being selected as the lead wax franchise in this highly competitive category is an honor that solidifies our belief in what we’re working towards and the measures we’ve taken as we continue to expand our brand,” said David Berg, chief executive officer of EWC. Over its 41 years in existence, the Franchise 500® has become both a dominant competitive measure for franchisors and a primary research tool for potential franchisees. The key factors that go into the evaluation include costs and fees, size and growth, support, brand strength, and financial strength and stability. Each franchise is given a cumulative score based on an analysis of more than 150 data points, and the 500 franchises with the highest cumulative scores become the Franchise 500® in ranking order. European Wax Center’s position on the ranking is a testament to its strength as a franchise opportunity.
To view European Wax Center in the full ranking, visit www.entrepreneur.com/franchise500.
Results can also be seen in the January 2021 issue of Entrepreneur.
Meet the 23-Year-Old Woman Making History as the Youngest European Wax Center Franchisee
After becoming a fan of European Wax Center’s experience and products, 23-year-old Jessica Watson combined her long-term goal with her personal interests and decided to become the youngest European Wax Center franchisee.
“During my freshman year of college, I became a guest of EWC and absolutely loved the experience; I loved the product, I loved the brand. One day, my sister — who I had also introduced to EWC — called me after leaving her appointment, going on about how great her experience was. I then blurted out, “We should own one!” I was a little shy about saying it, but two days later, I had turned it into a real plan.”
Min Kim + James Park
EWC Franchise Owners – New Jersey and Massachusetts
The Hottest Franchise Categories of 2020
European Wax Center makes the list on the hottest franchise categories of 2020.
Beautiful Skin Is In
Franchisee economics, an exceptional business model and a loyal customer base: the numbers speak for themselves.
Million Services Performed
Year Over Year Growth
Of Visitors Who are Repeat
Have Been Guests for 3 Years
Why European Wax Center
As the leader in the beauty and waxing service category, every guest who leaves EWC doesn't just walk out—they strut out.
By providing excellent service while building an emotional connection with our guests, EWC delivers unapologetic confidence and solidifies us as the guest’s brand of choice.
European Wax Center is the largest business in a fast growing, highly fragmented market.
What’s truly remarkable is that European Wax Center’s growth within the market has outgrown the growth of the market itself. And we don’t plan on slowing down anytime soon!
European Wax Center has been in business since 2004 and has been franchising for over 13 years.
- 2004: Brothers David & Joshua Coba opened the first EWC in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- 2007: With 4 successful centers, EWC opened a corporate headquarters in Hallandale Beach, FL
- 2008: EWC expanded nationally with their first franchise location
- 2010: EWC Merrick becomes the first center to make $1 million in their first year of business
- 2015: The 500th center was opened
- 2016: EWC launched their Strut 365 product portfolio, extending EWC to an everyday experience for guests
- 2018: General Atlantic invested in EWC in 2018, hiring David Berg as CEO to drive the next phase of growth
- 2019: EWC merges Florida and New York headquarters to a single Worldwide Headquarters in Plano, TX
- 2020: The 800th center was opened; new cloud-based POS system rolled out to entire network
- 2021: New mobile app launched; new and expanded EWC product portfolio for pre- and post-wax skin care launched
A strong values-driven business model.
At EWC, we’re proud of:
- Our devotion to genuine relationships
- Our dynamic team energy and family spirit
- Our unwavering belief in the impossible
- Our unrestrained passion and determination
- Our relentless commitment to excellence
Our core values are:
- We care about each other
- We do the right thing
- We delight our guests
- We have fun while being awesome
Our services, products and market are category differentiators and are only found at EWC.
EXCLUSIVE COMFORT WAX®
In our relentless commitment to excellence, we carefully source our natural wax from Europe to ensure gentle removal of hair for a virtually painless experience.
UNIQUE 4 STEPS TO GORGEOUS® PROCESS
To reveal beautiful skin, each Wax Specialist preps, pampers, and protects each guest’s skin for the most comfortable visit possible. The result? Smooth, touchable skin that leaves guests feeling unapologetically confident!
EWC PRODUCT LINE
Our exclusive new line launched in April of 2021, and it is bursting with benefits to treat bumps and breakouts, slow hair regrowth and groom bolder brows. With everything you need for pre- and post-wax care, building your “between” routine is Easy as EWC™️.
The line of thirty products was formulated to amplify a personal routine that helps guests get to the bottom of their individual skin care concerns and needs: ingrown hairs, skin irritation and regrowth are all addressed. This line of at-home products enhances your personal care routine and promotes self-confidence.
We offer ongoing, comprehensive and results-driven support for our franchisees.
We succeed when you do. That's why, at a corporate level, our work is never done. We strive to be better every day in order to help our franchisees maximize their business.
Comprehensive ongoing training and support
- Over 40 training sessions, including online and in-field delivery
- Online community for sharing best practices
- Franchisee onboarding and grand opening launch support
- Dedicated corporate support including Franchise Business Consultants
- National conference and regional meetings with multiple learning sessions
Results driven marketing programs
- Performance marketing delivers profitable new guest growth to centers
- Nationally-placed brand building and acquisition media drives local traffic
- Over 35 pre-approved local programs including Grand Opening Marketing
- Award-winning advertising that makes an emotional connection with guests
Site selection and buildout support
- Real estate development support to ensure a smooth site selection and buildout process
- National preferred vendor network
European Wax Center is recognized by the beauty and franchise industries as an award-winning market leader.
- SheFinds Beauty Awards 2021: TREAT Ingrown Hair Wipes
- New Beauty Beauty Awards: 2020 Best Gradual Self Tanner for Glow It Gradual Glow Body Lotion
- New Beauty Magazine: 2019 Best Innovation for Mask Me
- Cosmopolitan: 2019 Cosmo Ski Award for Glow It Gradual Glow Body Lotion
- Refinery29: 2019 Beauty Innovator Award for Glow It Gradual Glow Body Lotion
- Entrepreneur Magazine: 2021 Best of the Best Franchise | 2021 Top Growth Franchise
- Entrepreneur Magazine Franchise 500: 2021 1st for Body Waxing | 49th Overall
- Entrepreneur Magazine Franchise 500: 2020 1st for Body Waxing | 56th Overall
- Shorty Award: 2019 Best Influencer & Celebrity Instagram Campaign for Strut Society
- Franchise Update Media – Franchise Innovation Awards: 2019 Cause
- Marketing Champion for Ax The Pink Tax
- Franchise Update Media – Franchise Innovation Awards: 2019 Marketing
- Leader of the Year Award for European Wax Center
- Clio Fashion & Beauty Award: 2018 Mass Integrated Campaign for Ax The Pink Tax
- Hispanic Public Relations Association Nation Bravo Award: 2018 Beauty
- Campaign Of The Year for European Wax Center
- Shorty Award: 2018 Bronze for Social Good Campaign Category for Ax The Pink Tax
How It Works
Let's work together to complete the multi-phased process starting with our interest form.
- Submit anInterest Form
- License Awarded
Our interest form is eight easy questions to help us get to know you. Shortly after being filled out, a member of the EWC franchise team will contact you.
Throughout the discovery phase, we will set up conversations with our corporate team ad current franchisees to better acquaint you with the brand.
As we continue to work together, the qualification process will include both a financial review and background screening.
These interviews will be conducted with senior members of our leadership team to get a deeper understanding of your business and development plan.
Welcome to European Wax Center! Once your license is awarded, we will schedule you for franchise training, starting your journey with the brand.
Frequently Asked Questions
How should I be prepared to invest upfront?
The initial investment generally ranges from $358,485 to $571,840 based on the 2021 FDD. The actual investment may depend on a number of factors, including the region in which you are looking to develop.
What is the royalty fee?
6% gross sales.
What is the marketing contribution
3% of gross sales.
Can I own more than one EWC location?
Of course! In fact, approximately 2/3 of our current franchisees are multi-unit operators.
Where can I find more information?
If you fill out the contact form below we will be happy to contact you and answer any questions that you may have. And typically, after you have completed and submitted your application and prior to meeting a company representative, you will be given a Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD). The FDD will contain:
- Franchisor’s Financial Statements
- A copy of the Franchise Agreement
- A list of existing Franchisees to contact
- Initial Franchise Fees
- A copy of the Multi-Unit Development Agreement
What is the average center footprint?
We recommend 1,400-1,600 square feet depending on your market and available real estate.
Request More Information
© 2022 EWC Franchise, LLC All Rights Reserved
The franchise sales and other information contained on this site is not intended as an offer to purchase a franchise, or the solicitation to purchase a franchise, by EWC Franchise, LLC, its area representatives or anyone else. The offer of a European Wax Center franchise can be made only through the delivery of a franchise disclosure document. The European Wax Center franchise has been registered in certain jurisdictions, as required. Such registration does not constitute an approval, recommendation or endorsement of our franchise by any jurisdiction’s respective commissioner, department of state or any other regulator, nor is a finding by any commissioner, department of state or regulator that the information provided herein is true, complete, and not misleading. If you are a resident of a jurisdiction that has laws governing the offer or sale of a franchise, we will not offer you a franchise unless and until we have complied with the applicable legal requirements to sell a franchise in your jurisdiction.